Friday, September 13, 2013

Umbrellas

My husband and I were invited to an outdoor wedding at Hidden Falls, and the guests got caught in a big torrential downpour.  Fortunately, I keep a black umbrella tucked away in my car trunk to use as we moved indoors. 

My attorney friend RV, now retired, gave me that black umbrella.  He had a few extras and offered me one as I hurried to court one rainy day. I asked why RV had so many umbrellas and he said, "you never know when a friend will need one, take it, it's yours." 



Over the years, I have found umbrellas to be a great office-friendly gift that is gender-neutral and reasonably priced.  Doesn't hurt to keep an umbrella or two tucked away in your car or office for rainy days and sharing.


" Whatever we possess becomes of double value when we have the opportunity of sharing it with others.” ~ Jean-Nicolas Bouilly
 

     

No comments:

Post a Comment