Saturday, September 28, 2013

Alert!! Online Ballot Glitch & How to Solve It

Online ballots for the 3rd District Bar Elections were emailed to attorneys on Sept. 26 Attorneys reported to me that they did not get my campaign messages or their ballots from the Bar.  I did not get my own message or ballot and had to go and track it down so I could vote for myself-- and yes, it was a huge pain!

I reported the glitch to the Bar, but in the meantime, polls close Oct 11 at 5pm, so here is how to bypass the glitch and vote before the deadline:

1.  Check your email inbox, spam, and filtered mail for your ballot.
2.  If you can't find your ballot, call the Bar at (801) 531-9077 and tell them you want to vote and insist on assistance.  You're a lawyer, so keep on it, and cut through the red tape.
3.  VOTE for Janise Macanas (that's me) and make sure you get confirmation of your vote.
4.  Contact 5 of your friends and explain all of the above.


Since there is a glitch which apparently affects government attorneys and more, the best chance I have to win is by using the voting tree strategy, where friends tell friends and spread the word.  Please join the "Janise Macanas Voting Tree" and get the word out that voting has started and please track down your ballot.  Thanks to all my friends and peeps who are putting my election message on FB and Twitter and who are out there watching my back.

Below is a message that you can copy and paste in your email and send to your friends:

"Dear Friends,
My friend Janise Macanas is running for 3rd District Bar Commissioner.  She is qualified for the position and very hard working.  She will not raise bar dues and will watch out for us when important decisions are made.  Online ballots have already been emailed and voting runs from Sept 27 - Oct 11.  Attorneys are reporting that they have not received any election messages or their ballots.  If you cannot track down your ballot, call the Bar at (801-531-9077) and tell them you want to vote. To view Janise's campaign message visit http://www.utahbar.org/bar-operations/run-for-commission/3rd-division-candidacy-statement-janise-macanas/.  I am confident Janise will do her part to bring positive changes to the Bar once elected.  Please do your your part and help her win by voting.   I already voted for Janise and encourage you to do the same. 
Regards, -----"


No comments:

Post a Comment